Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan put on an unbeaten 203-run stand for the opening wicket and helped Pakistan beat England
Pakistan won the second T20I by 10 wickets at the National Stadium in Karachi. Babar Azam and Rizwan set the highest partnership ever in a run-chase in T20Is. They surpassed their own record of 197 that they put on against South Africa back in 2021.
Rizwan also remained unbeaten on 88 off 51 deliveries. With this win, Pakistan leveled the series 1-1, ahead of the third game on Friday
Here are the Top 5 records set by Babar Azam-Rizwan in the historic chase
- 200 – The target was chased down by Pakistan in the second T20I, in Karachi. This is the highest successful chase in T20 history without losing a wicket. The previous highest was 184 by Kolkata Knight Riders against Gujarat Lions in 2017, while the previous best in T20Is was 169 by New Zealand against Pakistan in 2016.
- Pakistan also became the first team to successfully chase a target of 200 or more against England in men’s T20Is. India’s 199-run chase in Bristol in 2018 was the previous highest against England in this format.
- The partnership between Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan. This is the biggest stand in a T20 chase. The duo improved on their record – a 197-run stand which they set against South Africa in Centurion last year.
- 1929 – Partnership runs between Babar and Rizwan in T20Is. They now hold the record for most runs as a pair in men’s T20Is, surpassing Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit’s tally of 1743 runs. The seven-century stands between the Pakistan duo are also a record in this format.
- 3 – Players to score a century in all three international formats at a single venue, including Babar in Karachi. He joined the list of Faf du Plessis at the Wanderers in Johannesburg and David Warner at the Adelaide Oval in scoring a century in all three formats at a venue.
For more sports and entertainment news, follow us on Twitter and Instagram