Man United footballer Mason Greenwood has been released on bail after a private hearing at Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court.
The 21-year-old has been charged with attempted rape, assault and controlling and coercive behaviour.
The attempted rape is said to have happened in October 2021, the assault in December 2021, and the controlling and the coercive behaviour, since November 2018.
The three charges relate to the same woman.
The footballer was arrested in January 2022 on these three charges.
He was charged on Saturday after being re-arrested for breaching his bail conditions.
The Manchester Magistrates’ Court initially denied him bail but after a fresh application held in private at Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court, Greenwood will be released.
However, he will have to follow strict conditions like not contacting the complainant or any witnesses and not staying at an address on Bow Green Road in Bowdon.
Manchester United have previously said the forward would not return to training or matches until further notice.
He is under contract with the Premier League club until 2025