Can you recognise him?
Well, he is Jitesh Sharma.
For those who aren’t aware, he was named as Sanju Samson’s replacement in the Indian team for the 2nd T20I after the Kerala batter injured his knee during the 1st T20 vs Sri Lanka.
Here is a brief introduction of Jitesh Sharma.
- Born on October 22, 1993, in Amravati, Maharashtra Jitesh Sharma is a wicketkeeper and a right-handed batsman.
- He made his first-class debut against Odisha on October 1, 2015.
- Jitesh Sharma was one of the stars of IPL 2022 and is known for his talent for playing a variety of strokes.
- After Umesh Yadav and Faiz Fazal, 29-year-old Sharma is now just the third player from Vidarbha to be chosen for Indian Cricket Team.
- Apart from the Indian national squad, he has also played for Central Zone, Vidarbha, Mumbai Indians, and Punjab Kings.
- Jitesh Sharma has played some important knocks for the Punjab franchise since making his debut in the tournament. He has appeared in 12 IPL matches and scored 234 runs at a strike rate of 163.63.
Though he is unlikely to feature in today’s match, we wish Jitesh all the best in his cricketing endeavours.